After five years it becomes necessary to revalidate your RMCI qualification. This is a two-part process.
Part One is a desk-based review of your activity as an RMCI over the past five years. The assessors are looking for objective evidence of your work during that period, including sight of your log book and two reports, to demonstrate you are still current in the marketplace.
The cost for Part One is £325.00
Part Two is completed by attendance at a half-day online tutored seminar. Upon confirmation of attendance and payment, the applicant will receive an electronic RMCI Revalidation Workbook to be used in conjunction with the seminar. A copy of the video which will be made of the event for later viewing will be made available.
The cost for Part Two is £250.00
The next RMCI Revalidation Part Two course will be held in Autumn 2023 with the exact date to be confirmed. The course timing is 09:00hrs – 13:00hrs (UK/BST). Once a date for the course has been confirmed it will be published.
• To introduce relevant new developments that have arisen since your participation in the original RMCI course
• To reinforce and confirm your ongoing understanding of the RMCI Syllabus
The Learning Objectives
• Reinforce key elements from the original RMCI course manual
• Update knowledge of technical advances & new aspects
Course Format & Examination
• Slide deck with speaker narration (turn on your computer’s sound)
• The companion Workbook to accompany the slide deck
• Online Multiple-Choice Exam
It is recommended that course participants work through the material as they study the online content. A printed copy will allow notes to be taken and comments made as you progress through the course material. Additionally, it is recommended that you also have your copy of the original RMCI handbook accessible for further reference.
Module I: Technical Updates
• Modified Polyurethanes
• Post Application Treatments
• Electrostatic Spray
• Measurement Equipment
Module II: Surveys and Advice
• Roles & Responsibilities
• Inspection vs Consultancy
• Projects – Early Phase
• Projects – Active & End Phases